You want to be Vaxed – but the system is impossible to use to make an appointment for anything.
First, stop using the online system.
- City Dwellers, walk or call your nearest vaccination center.
- At the center they will take your phone number
- don’t wait for a shot unless the line is short
- the attendants are taking appointments, for slots that open up
- have them call you – usually the next day – and make an appointment
- only use to internet to see your options for locations, ride sharing, and free services
- there are many free services
- Rural Dwellers
- Call the center in the largest city area closest to you
- They will have several options for shots around the area (Hospital, Healthcare center, Urgent Care, Pharmacy)
- Give up going to the main location by you, everyone is going there.
- Use the internet to find the location with the most access, free rides, accompanying aides, volunteer services
- You are going to have to wait at the standard location, sometimes hours, you can drive less time overall, then have an appointment and be seen right away
- There are places around the country that are doing first come first serve vaxing.
- Call the center where this is happening and request to be seen – many places must accommodate anyone wanting an appointment rather than waiting in line.
- You may have to pushback a bit
- In suburbia the lines are at the Pharmacies – try calling an off the beaten path center –
- Use the internet to find locations (mine said you had to call – I called on a Tuesday had my first dose on that Friday)
- There are volunteers ready to take you, services for ambulatory aides, medical equipment available. Call the locations, ask them.
Don’t try to schedule online. The federal system is making appointments for the least dense areas in your Region, that could be a Political District, a County, or an arbitrary range in miles. They don’t log cancellations, they don’t log peak hours, they don’t log walk ins, they don’t log most of all the different circumstances that create openings on certain days at certain times.
Email us your location and we will check for you – especially cities
There are thousands of people who want the vaccine but are not online. Tell local centers to reach out to communities of color, and non-white residents. Many are without access.
This is going to take all of us, lets tell the people without online or cell phone access how to get their vax.